Fandom Snowflake Challenge: Day 5
In your own space, post recs for at least three fanworks that you did not create.
I've been thinking about this all day bc I really couldn't decide what fandoms or types of fanworks or themes, or if I should do stuff from 2016 or just stuff I'd liked recently or what. Several of the ideas I played with were things I've already recced fairly recently or categires I couldn't come up with more than a couple fics for, so those were out.
But I finally decided! So here are my top 2 fave fanworks for 10 fandoms new in 2016 + 3 bonus ones bc I am nothing if not the master of going overboard :D
Captain America: Civil War
- “Go back to bed Barnes, I’ll wake you when Steve’s home.” by cobaltmoonysart (art: Bucky/Sam, G).
- Episode 7: Captain America: Civil War (podcast: gen, T). Morgan and Gavia have it out over Captain America: Civil War, which Gav enjoyed very much and Morgan hated.
- Negasonic Teenage Warhead by jisook86 (art: NTW, G).
- How About A Deadpool Egg For A Little “Wrong Holiday” Fun? by mimolesinge (art: DP, G).
- Kevin as Thor (fic: gen, G). Thor: Hello? I saw your ad. I’m Kevin.
- Jillian Holtzmann’s Glasses by plaidadder (meta: Holtzmann, G). Ah, Holtzmann. What can I say. Holtzmann is, among other things, the film’s best answer to the question of how the possibilities for female characterization expand once you break the #andsexy rule.
- early morning kitchen kiss sketch by littledozerdraws (art: Tanner/Toby, G).
- A fanvid dedicated to the Howard Brothers by azuremoongate (vid: Tanner & Toby, M).
- Martin Riggs + Text Posts by relevanttosomeone (edit: Martin, G).
- I love you more each day by shaloved30 (edit: Roger/Trish, G).
- moana introduces maui to her people by somethingscarlet13 (fic: gen, G). He becomes almost like just another villager, minutes the whole being a demigod thing, and has what’s like a big family for the first time.
- MOANA by christon-clivef (art: Moana, G).
- imagining Bawson at Christmas (fic: Ginny/Mike, G). “So how did you spend your Christmas Eve? Are you playing Santa yet, old man?”
- Mike Lawson hears sirens by bigtimerushhx (vid: Mike, G).
- Burn It Down by GreyMichaela (fic: Baze/Chirrut, E). Baze can't figure out what it is about Chirrut Îmwe that sets him so on edge. Chirrut's running out of patience.
- they’re so cute HELP by jadenvargen (art: Baze/Chirrut, G)
- Her house tries its best to feed her by wildehacked (fic: Jaylah, T). Sometimes after eating, with the ugly ache still in her belly, Jaylah will thumb through the food box settings, just to see what she could have eaten, on some other world, in some other time.
- 'Star Trek Beyond' is the sci-fi action movie we needed this year by hellotailor (meta: gen, G). With Justin Lin at the helm, Star Trek Beyond finds the sweet spot between the excitement of the 2009 Star Trek reboot, the charm of the 1960s TV series, and the friendship-and-explosions formula of Lin’s work on the Fast and Furious movies.
- I'm Crazy But I'm Not Wrong: Stranger Things and Mental Illness by stormingtheivorytower (meta: gen, T). "I'm crazy, but I'm not wrong about this."
- Aesthetic: Steve Harrington by jonathanbaers (edit: Steve, G).
- A b-day gift for a twitter user by 4hu (art: Voltron, Pidge/Shiro, G)
- “We’re mutants, not soldiers”: Teenage Superheroes and the Xavier Problem by nomoremetaphors (meta: Captain America: Civil War/X-Men: Apocalypse/Deadpool, gen, G). A.K.A. Why Tony Stark should not have recruited Spider-Man in CA:CW.
- commission of lilo and moana by judylavernehopps (art: Moana/Lilo & Stitch, Moana & Lilo, G).